These tips are based on the Business Boot Camp for Wrap Professionals by Avery Dennison presentation given by Justin Pate (Amsterdam) and John Duever (Vinyl Images; Fenton, MO) at the 2019 ISA Sign Expo.
- Give all your installers stop watches. Have them time each panel they do, and take the average. Use it to schedule and monitor it on a regular basis.
- Sales reps and designers must understand the installation process.
- Design efficiency helps print, production and installation.
- Design tip: Tiling vertically versus horizontally can reduce install time by up to 50%.
- Cleanliness matters. A clean shop can operate at maximum capacity; a dirty one cannot.
- Make sure ownership of artwork is clear. Who gets the art if the client wants to kill the project? (Hint: If you made it, you should own it.)
- Things happen. Give loyal customers a break for extraordinary circumstances. (“I got you this time.”) Just don’t overuse it!
- Make sure your design department has the right files, or is getting permission for custom work. If your designer doesn’t have a logo and a vector file, they’ll often just create them, which wastes time.
- If the phone rings three times, have whoever’s closest pick it up. Smile before you answer, and teach your whole crew your standard greeting.
- Track your errors down to the minute detail so you know when to replace equipment — and people.
For a full recap of the 2019 ISA Sign Expo, click here.
Mactac: Today's Hottest Products In Action
Watch as Amanda and Ross install our most used products of the year at a local bistro. They will discuss tips and tricks for installing and provide COVID - 19 application ideas.
Aurora Specialty Textiles Group Wins Multiple Business Awards
Survival of Cow Moose Turns on Sign Project
Use This Key Word to Make Any Customer Request Your Mission
Yes, Neon and LEDs Can Co-Exist
Dimensional Letters Are a Simple, Durable Option for Signmakers
A Sign Company Owner Encounters Uncertainty After Discovering The Perpetrator Behind Shop Thefts
Benchmarks5 days ago
Sign Pros Produce Striking Restaurant Signs
News2 weeks ago
Announcing the 2021 Sign Contest
Manager's To Do2 weeks ago
Refresh Your Website, Spring Cleaning and More Manager’s To-Do Items for May
Best Practices3 days ago
16 Ways to Win Your Employees’ Love Without Losing Their Self-Respect
Inbox1 week ago
Readers React to the Redesigned April Issue
News1 week ago
Battle-Tested Signmaker Sees ‘Pent-Up Demand’ in Post-COVID World
Business Management3 days ago
The Sign Industry Should Remain Vigilant
Calendar2 weeks ago
The Big Dates for May