The 2019 Sign Invitational, a competition among sign professionals seeking to demonstrate excellence in the creativity and craft of signmaking, is now open and accepting applicants. Next year s competition will be the fourth to be displayed and judged at the International Sign Association s Sign Expo. The finalists of the 2019 Sign Invitational will be on display for the first time in the Signs of the Times booth (#2135).
There will be two categories for the 2019 competition, with voting and awards for each:
- Category 1) Maximum Size 36 x 36-in., single-sided, wall-to-table / easel-mount sign.
- Category 2) Maximum Size 24 x 24 x 72-in. (L x W x H).
Rules and Deadline
• All contestants are responsible for shipping/delivering their creations to the ISA Expo. The deadline for shipping and arrival to the convention site is TBD. Creations may be hand-delivered to the show as long as they arrive at least one hour before the show opens on Wednesday, April 24 at 9:30 a.m.
• All contestants who enter are required to attend the ISA Expo. A great part about this contest is getting to know each other and learning from each other’s work. In-person competition is a wonderful and powerful motivator.
• Electric/battery power may be integrated into the creation. Motion is allowed. Lighting of all types is allowed.
• Shop name/Designer name are allowed on the entry. One sponsor is allowed per entry. Sponsor area on piece not to exceed 36 sq. in.
• Theme – Time. Take it however you want. The organizers set rules and a theme. The signmaker-contestants are to find creative ways to interpret them.
• The application process has been extended, but still closes on Monday, Dec. 31. Applications should include some sort of concept design for your entry.
• Applications will be reviewed and invitations will be sent out by Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.Advertisement
As many as five finalists from each category will be on display at the show in Las Vegas from April 24-26, 2018. ISA Expo attendee votes cast at the Signs of the Times booth will determine the winners.
For more information and an application form, click here.
Mactac IMAGin RoughRAP
Make your next rough wall application easy & cost-effective with IMAGin RoughRAP and PERMACOLOR RAYZor LF3638G duo.
Roland DGA Completes Online “Application Page Library”
Daktronics Adds Kevin Szamlewski as Midwest Sales Rep
Potential Signmakers Get a Taste of the Industry on 2021 Sign Manufacturing Day
City Mayor “Mortified” by New Store Sign in Historical District
The Client Got Cocky, Then Crawled Back with a Mouthful of Crow
52% of Signshops Charge for Design Even When the Sign Isn’t Ordered – Your Peers Explain How and Why
News7 days ago
Signshop Combats “Internet Pricing” with New Equipment
Dale Salamacha7 days ago
3-Year Sign Project for Luxury Hotel Nears the Finish Line
News4 days ago
5 Points to Remember When Selling Neon Signs
Inbox1 week ago
Sign Pro Offers Customers a Blunt Education, and More Reader Thoughts from Our October Issue
Editor's Note7 days ago
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
News2 weeks ago
Man Pleads Guilty to Defrauding Sign Manufacturer of $330,000
Inks1 week ago
NUtec Diamond D10-ESM
Sign Blanks + Components2 weeks ago
Mactac Sustainable Film Products