53% of Sign Managers Think Their Company Will Reach 100 Years in Business
DO YOU OR DON’T YOU: Our Brain Squad is not lacking for confidence!
Do you think your sign company will reach 100 years in business?
- For 25 years they told us, we wouldn’t make it. I’m gonna need at least 75 to show them we did. — Jason Schrodi, Fastsigns Clear Lake, Webster, TX
- This is year 38 and my son is taking over in five years. — Paul Havenaar, Sign Impressions, Kalamazoo, MI
- We plan to hand the business off to a family member, or sell to an out-of-state customer. — Ali Pournourbakhsh, Vector Sign Solutions, Noblesville, IN
- We’re almost at 70 now, and I have a young team that loves our company and wants it to continue. — Sharon Toji, H Toji and Co., Lakewood, CA
- We have been in business for 75 years (started in Cuba, 1948) and it is a family business. I have run the business for the past 33 years and my daughter, who is 30, has been involved since graduating from college in 2014. Hopefully, she will also turn the business over to her children. — Harold Pedley, Sign Engineering, San Juan, PR
- My kiddos are not interested in the business so once my partner and I go, that will be it. — Gwen Snow, Innovative Sign Systems, Vista, CA
- As a one-person shop, I don’t expect this operation to last 100 years. — Brian Mortvedt, Westwood Graphics Co., Hewitt, WI
- The right individuals would be needed to carry on the business. — William Hylton, Cardinal Blueprinters, Blacksburg, VA
- The community we are operating in has limited local ownership. — Derrick Weinbrecht, Creative Signs & Design, Topeka, KS
- I’m 57 now… — Kenneth Pease, KP Graphix, Groton, NY
What is the #1 reason you think a sign business can operate for 100 years or more?
How many years has your sign company been in business?
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a signage and graphics company in the US or Canada, you’re invited to join the Signs of the Times Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute survey each month, you will receive access to some of the industry’s freshest data on sales — including your fellow members’ comments on what’s selling and what isn’t — and can make your voice heard on key issues affecting the sign industry. Sound good? Sign up here.
Epson SureColor Printers | Partnering for Success with SkinzWraps
“Everything we have here has an Epson label on it because it’s just simply the best.” Whether printing vehicle wraps, signage or commercial wallpaper, SkinzWraps trusts Epson SureColor printers to consistently deliver vibrant, professional-quality large-format prints with amazing depth and color.
You, Your Background & Outlook
It Took 500 Hours to Complete These Sky-High Window Wraps
Kongsberg Releases New Software
Graphics Installer Pleads with Printers: Please Be More Careful!
Harley-Davidson Should Give This Signmaker an Endorsement Deal
San Antonio Spurs Tap Florida Sign Company for Massive Project
News1 week ago
2023 Women in Signs Award Winners Announced
Jerry Clark2 weeks ago
Prize Closet Gems
News5 days ago
Lowe’s Deploying 400-Pound Robots to Patrol Its Parking Lots
Special Report7 days ago
These 11 Sign Companies Reached 100 Years in Business – Here’s How They Did It
Maggie Harlow6 days ago
Sometimes a Tough Conversation Is the Only Way
Ask Signs of the Times4 days ago
You Don’t Have to Fabricate Everything
Real Deal1 day ago
Signshop Takes a Business Risk with Leased Sign
Project Tracker6 days ago
1960’s Racing Plane Restored with Custom Wrap