Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions (Mentor, OH) has announced the 10 regional winners from its annual Wrap Like A King Challenge.
- North America East: The “Nebula Graffiti GR” project, designed by CORSA Auto Design and wrapped by Empire Vinyl Co.
- North America South: The “Creature from the Wrap Lagoon” project, completed by the MetroWrapz team.
- North America Central: The “Deathstroke McLaren 650s” project, designed by Eric Gosselin of ECD and completed by PG Nola.
- North America Midwest: The “P57” project, completed by IVS Wraps. The project was a one-off design, printed and installed in-house.
- North America West: The “Willys – Chrome Punisher” project, completed by Incognito Wraps.
- Canada: The “Spiderghini” project, completed by Sapphire Creative.
- Europe North: The “Printed Chrome Caracachews Wrap” project, completed by Venom Wraps.
- Europe South: The “Lamborghini Aventador” project, completed by M-Wrapping.
- Europe Eastern, MENA: The “BMW M135i / Artist” project, completed by WrapStyle s.r.o.
- Europe Central: The “Parrot in Flowers” project, completed by SIGNal Design GmbH.
According to the rules set by Avery Dennison, wrap installers from 53 countries across the world were invited to submit full-print or color-change wrap projects to be judged for the chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes. The projects were completed featuring options from the Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film portfolio, including Conform Chrome, MPI 1105 Supercast Digital film or a combination of car wrap films to be evaluated against their regional peers by a panel of judges.
An international panel of judges reviewed every submission, ultimately naming the top 10 Regional Wrap Kings. The eight judges evaluated each project by the following criteria: visual transformation (difference between the before-and-after photos submitted), quality of workmanship and skill level of installation, overall public appeal and uniqueness of the design.
The 2019 panel of judges included: Justin Pate of The Wrap Institute; Myles Kovacs of DUB Magazine; Yianni Charalambous of Yiannimize; Eddy Speelman of Speelman Graphic Applications; and Molly Waters, Peter Wright, Sarel Krüger and Frank Marquart of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions.
Each Regional Wrap King will be awarded nearly $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison products and passes to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, from Nov. 5-8.
On Oct. 1, Avery Dennison will reveal the four continental winners. These winners will receive a four-night stay in Las Vegas for the SEMA Show where the global King of the Wrap World will be crowned in booth #12659 on Nov. 5. The King of the Wrap World grand prize package is worth almost $5,000, with additional gift vouchers and exposure via the Avery Dennison website and web advertisements.Advertisement
For more information, visit averydennison.com.
Mactac IMAGin RoughRAP
Make your next rough wall application easy & cost-effective with IMAGin RoughRAP and PERMACOLOR RAYZor LF3638G duo.
Roland DGA Completes Online “Application Page Library”
3 Varied Vehicle Wraps with a Top Tip from Each
What Are the Best Training Suggestions for New Sign Employees?
City Mayor “Mortified” by New Store Sign in Historical District
The Client Got Cocky, Then Crawled Back with a Mouthful of Crow
52% of Signshops Charge for Design Even When the Sign Isn’t Ordered – Your Peers Explain How and Why
News7 days ago
Signshop Combats “Internet Pricing” with New Equipment
Dale Salamacha7 days ago
3-Year Sign Project for Luxury Hotel Nears the Finish Line
News4 days ago
5 Points to Remember When Selling Neon Signs
Inbox1 week ago
Sign Pro Offers Customers a Blunt Education, and More Reader Thoughts from Our October Issue
Editor's Note7 days ago
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
News2 weeks ago
Man Pleads Guilty to Defrauding Sign Manufacturer of $330,000
Inks1 week ago
NUtec Diamond D10-ESM
News7 days ago
swissQprint Launches New Line of Flatbed Printers