FESPA (Dorking, Surrey, England) has announced the winners of this year’s FESPA Awards, the association s annual celebration of excellence in the global specialty print and visual communications community.
The Awards are open to print service providers (PSPs) and signmakers looking to highlight outstanding projects. According to a press release from FESPA, this year’s program received entries from 27 countries across the 18 categories. The winners were announced during an online ceremony hosted by FESPA’s Technical Support Manager Graeme Richardson-Locke, in lieu of the live Gala Awards event which would have taken place during this year’s Global Print Expo in Madrid.
The Gold winners in the 17 application-specific categories are as follows (category, company, country):
- Display and POP on Paper and Board, Ability Diseño Gráfico, SL, Spain
- Packaging on Paper and Board, Perfect Packaging, India
- Display and POP on Plastic, Screenline, South Africa
- Packaging on Plastics, TOPdesign Topolcany s.r.o., Slovakia
- Posters, GRAFISER,S.A, Spain
- Serigraphy and Fine Art, Christian M. Walter – Taller de Serigrafía- Edición, Spain
- Decals and Printed Labels, Classic Stripes PVT. LTD, India
- Wrapping, Vermeulen & Vermeulen Reclame, Netherlands
- Creative Special Effect – Paper, Board and Plastics, Sakawa Printing Co., Ltd., Japan
- Special Effect on T-Shirts, Garments and Other Textiles, Elixir Unlimited, India
- Printed Garments, iMaika, Russia
- Roll-to-roll Printed Textiles, The Look Company, Qatar
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products, Schitterend.eu, Netherlands
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products, HAAS Die Werbemanufaktur, Switzerland
- Non-printed Signage, HNS Signs, United Kingdom
- Functional Printing, Protolab Electrotechnologies PVT. LTD, India
- Printeriors, BOBO1325, United Kingdom
The categories Packaging on Paper and Board, Packaging on Plastics, Wrapping and Printeriors were new to this year’s Awards, recognizing four important growth applications for specialty print and signage businesses.
Among this year’s entries, the judges selected two to receive Best in Show Awards for truly outstanding examples of print. These are Christian M. Walter – Taller de Serigrafía- Edición from Spain, for the entry “New York de Sergio García Sánchez” in the Serigraphy and Fine Art category, and The Look Company from Qatar for its Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles entry “Anoc World Beach Games.”
Members of the FESPA community selected the People’s Choice Award from the shortlisted entries, with Sakawa Printing Company from Japan taking this honor for its Japanese Fishes Calendar in the Creative Special Effect – Paper, Board and Plastics category.Advertisement
For more information, visit fespaawards.com.
Mactac IMAGin RoughRAP
Make your next rough wall application easy & cost-effective with IMAGin RoughRAP and PERMACOLOR RAYZor LF3638G duo.
Roland DGA Completes Online “Application Page Library”
3 Varied Vehicle Wraps with a Top Tip from Each
What Are the Best Training Suggestions for New Sign Employees?
City Mayor “Mortified” by New Store Sign in Historical District
The Client Got Cocky, Then Crawled Back with a Mouthful of Crow
52% of Signshops Charge for Design Even When the Sign Isn’t Ordered – Your Peers Explain How and Why
News7 days ago
Signshop Combats “Internet Pricing” with New Equipment
Dale Salamacha7 days ago
3-Year Sign Project for Luxury Hotel Nears the Finish Line
News4 days ago
5 Points to Remember When Selling Neon Signs
Inbox1 week ago
Sign Pro Offers Customers a Blunt Education, and More Reader Thoughts from Our October Issue
Editor's Note7 days ago
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
News2 weeks ago
Man Pleads Guilty to Defrauding Sign Manufacturer of $330,000
Inks1 week ago
NUtec Diamond D10-ESM
News7 days ago
swissQprint Launches New Line of Flatbed Printers