Welcome to the New Message Boards!
The new messages boards are finally here! Here's what you need to know to read, post and reply to the discussions on this site.
Creating an Account
- If you have a SignWeb.com username, you can use it to log in to this site. We moved all of the accounts over so there's no need to create a new one. Simply click on the little guy on the top left to log in.
- If you haven't used the SignWeb message boards, click on the little guy on the top left to find the "Create a New Account" link below the login screen.
Posting in the Forum
- Once you're logged in, either click on "Create a New Forum Topic" from your user account page or go to the forum topic you're interested in and click "Create a New Forum Topic" there.
- If you're posting a job opportunity, looking for work, or offering something for sale, make sure to fill out the "Location" field so people know where they're looking.
- You can upload images, add hyperlinks, and format text within the post.
Replying to a Post
- To discuss a post, simply log in to Disqus, the new commenting system, with your Signs of the Times account under the "Start the Discussion" field.
- Type your comment into the text field and click "Post as [your name]". You may upload images to your comments as well.
- By clicking the "Subscribe" link with the envelope underneath the commenting section, you can receive email updates whenever people add comments to the thread.
- Click "Share" above the comment box to post the comment thread to your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Use the "Sort by" option on the right side of the comment box to sort the comments by best, newest, or oldest.
- Click your name on the top right of the comments section to view your profile on Disqus.
- If you don't want to see images in the comment threads, click your name on the top right and choose "Hide Media."
We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to the inability to monitor content appropriately, we did not incorporate the private messaging functionality on the new message boards. On the new system, to communicate with another user, simply post a comment using the Disqus commenting platform at the bottom of a post. You can subscribe to the conversation to make sure you don't miss a comment. You can also use "reply" option to nest your comment or type the @ symbol to reference users within your comment.
If you need help, please fill out our website feedback form and someone will get back to you shortly.