Sending Your Press Releases to Signs of the Times
Here's a quick guide to help you get your company's big announcement on our website.
Signs of the Times welcomes press releases from companies and associations for publishing on our website. Press releases are edited by the Signs of the Times team for content style. However, you can help us produce a better result by sticking to news-style writing when producing your press releases.
Here are some keys to writing better press releases:
- Avoid blatant self-promotion.
- Use facts to sell your product’s benefits, not adjectives. Instead of telling us that it’s “awesome,” tell us the features that make it so.
- Avoid using the words “we,” “us,” or “ours.”
- Use “it” or “its” when talking about a company rather than “they” or “theirs.”
- Please send your press release in a format that we can easily copy and paste.
- Please include a suggested headline with your press release. We might change the headline, but it helps to have your suggestion as a starting point.
- We do not include the trademark or copyright symbols in press releases.
- We often include a photo or two with press releases. If you send photos, please include captions to explain what’s going on in the image. If there are people in the photos, provide their names.
- When in doubt about style or usage matters, refer to Associated Press style.
- Please use American spelling.
- And don’t forget to use a spell checker.
Send your press releases to us at email@example.com.
Find it here! ISA Sign Expo 2023
Whether you're looking to grow your business or advance your career, ISA International Sign Expo® 2023 is the only place to find everything you need to be successful in the sign, graphics, print and visual communications industry.
Success Is 10% Inspiration
U.N.I.T.E. Hosts February Events
April 1918 Issue’s Cover Art Repeated in 25 of Next 27 Months
15 Super Wraps for the Super Bowl
23 Historical Photos of Signs in Monochrome
5 Tips to Improved Sign Design Productivity
Business Management3 days ago
16 Tips to Become a Better Sign Business Negotiator
Photo Gallery5 days ago
15 Historical Photos of Signs in Color
News1 week ago
2024 Women in Signs Awards Nominations Now Open
Benchmarks4 days ago
5 Vehicle Wraps At Your Service
Product Buying + Technology2 weeks ago
Mark Kissling5 days ago
LED for Neon Retrofit for a 50-Year-Old Rooftop Sign
Electric Signs22 hours ago
Right-Lighting 3 Varying LED Sign-Lighting Situations
Tip Sheet1 week ago
Getting Organized and Staying in Touch with Sign Clients Top February’s Tips